SILVER SPRING, Md., Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ — Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), the world's second largest hotel franchiser, today announced a corporate wide reorganization designed to provide more consistent service for franchisees and create a more competitive overhead structure. Choice will take a charge of up to $6.0 million related to this restructuring in … Read more
Every year, HVS International Singapore estimates the hotel values of five-star hotels located in capital cities and resort destinations across Asia using its sophisticated benchmark study, the Hotel Valuation Index (HVI).
Holiday period occupancies were better than expected, but were still 7.7 percent below Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2000, and 4.8 percent below New Year's Eve and New Year's Day 2002. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the downward pressure on occupancy levels reflected a decline compared with 2000. Based on PricewaterhouseCoopers analysis of Smith … Read more
FAIRFIELD, N.J., Feb. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Sofie Vasquez, a seasoned International Sales Director, has joined Prime Hospitality Corp. in that position to focus on growing Latin American and Mexico business. International Sales is a recent strategic initiative for Prime and its AmeriSuites and Wellesley Inns & Suites hotel brands. This effort will focus on major … Read more
Tourism ministers from 32 Caribbean states will meet in Trinidad and Tobago on February 11, 2003 to discuss, among other issues, the effects of a possible Gulf war, a proactive strategy for the region in the event of such a crisis and a recovery plan for the industry.
ATLANTA, Nov. 20 Although the economy is slowly rebounding, it appears that U.S. corporations remain cautious with their 2004 travel budgets. WorldTravel BTI's annual client survey conducted in August 2003 shows 62 percent of 127 respondents plan no significant travel budget changes for 2004 and the remaining 38 percent plan changes of only -10 to +10 percent.
The average time customers waited for a table at casual dining chains fell 13 percent from a year ago, a monthly survey showed, with Darden's (NYSE:DRI) struggling Red Lobster unit posting the biggest decline.
TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–April 4, 2002–Hilton Narita New Tokyo International Airport opened its doors for business on April 1, 2002. The hotel was being operated as Rihga Royal Hotel Narita until March 31, 2002 and has now been re-branded as Hilton, the sixth in Japan. Established in 1993, the 500-room hotel has enjoyed a reputation of offering … Read more
SPARTANBURG, S.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–April 8, 2002–Extended Stay America, Inc. (NYSE: ESA), a leading provider of extended-stay lodging, has launched a new reservation system that will save significant time for guests of the hotel chain when making reservations online. The new system, Road Warrior Reservations, enables guests to establish an account by completing a short form online … Read more
Accor's Asia Pacific network tops 200 hotels with full acquisition of Century & Zenith hotel management groups SINGAPORE, 11 APRIL, 2002 – Accor has increased its network of hotels in the Asia Pacific region to over 200 hotels with the full acquisition of two Hong Kong based hotel management companies – Century International Hotels and … Read more