More than 20 new Hyatt hotels to open in Canada
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that more than 20 new hotels are expected to open in Canada by the end of 2022, driving the brands growth in the country by 50 percent. The newly announced properties include three hotels in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls, Ontario, expected to open in 2022: a dual-branded Hyatt Centric Niagara Falls and Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls project, with 150 guestrooms and 350 guestrooms, respectively, and the 200-room Hyatt Place Niagara Falls.
This announcement includes properties that will mark the first Hyatt House and Hyatt Centric hotels in Canada and the first Hyatt hotels in the Niagara Falls market, as well as hotels across its other full service and select service brands including Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Andaz and Hyatt Place.
Hyatts brand presence in Canada continues to steadily increase, as we successfully implement our strategy of growing with intent, said Scott Richer, Hyatts regional vice president of development for Canada. We continue to see growth opportunities in the region and are confident in the direction and future of Hyatt across all brands.
With nearly 15 million visitors per year, Niagara Falls, Ontario is considered one of the busiest tourist destinations in the world. Located at the main intersection of Fallsview Avenue and Murray Street in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls, the dual-branded new-build Hyatt Centric and Hyatt Regency project in Niagara Falls will be situated immediately opposite the Fallsview Casino, The Skylon Tower and the 5,000-seat performing arts center that is currently under construction. The properties are owned and will be operated by Fallsview Group, and are slated to open in 2022.
Hyatt Place Niagara Falls will be connected to the Scotiabank Convention Center off Stanley Avenue and proximate to the tourist district of Clifton Hill and numerous family-friendly attractions and entertainment facilities such as the IMAX cinema, the Niagara Wheel and the Fun Zone. Slated to open in 2022, the property is owned and will be operated by Fallsview Group, founded by the Menechella family more than 40 years ago in Niagara Falls.
Complete list of new Canada properties with expected opening years:
- Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre in Mississauga, Ontario
- Hyatt House Winnipeg South West in Winnipeg Manitoba
- Park Hyatt Toronto (reopening after renovation) in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Kelowna in Kelowna, British Columbia
- Hyatt Place Winnipeg Downtown in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Hyatt Place Moncton in Moncton, New Brunswick
- Hyatt Place Brampton in Brampton, Ontario
- Hyatt Place / Hyatt House Edmonton Downtown in Edmonton, Alberta
- Hyatt Place Ottawa Bells Corners in Ottawa, Ontario
- Hyatt Place / Hyatt House Mississauga – Airport Corporate Center in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Toronto Oakville East in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt House Hamilton/McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario
- Hyatt House Toronto Mississauga Center in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Vancouver Airport in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place / Hyatt House at Canadas Wonderland in Vaughan, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Toronto Downtown/Jarvis Street in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Centric / Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls in Ontario
- Hyatt Place Niagara Falls in Niagara, Ontario
- Hyatt Place / Hyatt House Ottawa Byward Market in Ottawa, Ontario
- Andaz Toronto Yorkville in Toronto, Ontario