The Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) adds the Beaufort Hotel to its portfolio of hotels. The brand’s newest addition, situated on the idyllic Crystal Coast, channels the Tar Heel State’s rich maritime culture and highlights the collection’s continued growth in top destinations across the country.
Located on the Southern Outer Banks, the Beaufort Hotel is conveniently located at 2440 Lennoxville Rd., just minutes from the heart of Beaufort. Founded in 1709, Beaufort was recently recognized as “America’s Favorite Town” by Travel + Leisure Magazine and the “South’s Best Small Town” by Southern Living. When they’re not exploring the boutique-lined streets of downtown, guests can enjoy the hotel’s full-service marina with boat slips and dockage available.
Other features of the Beaufort Hotel include:
- Stunning views of Taylor Creek and the Rachel Carlson Nature Reserve, a small network of islands and salt bayous home to more than 30 wild horses.
- 133 spacious guestrooms, featuring nautical hues, coastal décor, and premium linens and bath amenities.
- Over 10,000-square-feet of flexible event space for meetings, conferences and weddings.
- State-of-the-art fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool and whirlpool.
- Onsite dining for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch at 34° North, the hotel’s 200-seat waterfront and outdoor patio restaurant known for its locally sourced fare. The restaurant is also recognized as Eastern North Carolina’s first full-service, green restaurant.
- Water taxis that can take guests for a scenic ride on Taylor’s Creek to downtown Beaufort.
- Convenient access to several attractions, including the North Carolina Maritime Museum, Harvey W. Smith Watercraft Center, Crystal Coast beaches, Old Burying Ground, Fort Macon State Park, and the North Carolina Aquarium. The property is also near the Duke Marine Lab and the UNC Institute of Marine Sciences, and a short ferry ride away from the islands of Shackleford Banks and the Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse.
- Access to unique North Carolina coastal experiences including kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, shelling, water excursions, parasailing, walking and bike tours.
The hotel is owned by Beaufort Hospitality Enterprises, LLC and managed by North Carolina-based Concord Hospitality, an award-winning hotel development and management company.
The Ascend Hotel Collection currently has more than 250 hotels open and more than 70 hotels in the pipeline worldwide. This year, the brand expects to open several locations in major U.S. markets, including Brooklyn, N.Y.; Philadelphia; Long Island City, N.Y.; and Napa, Calif.