HSMAI has launched an all-new Rising Sales Leader Council. The Council is a professional development and advocacy group comprised of up-and-coming professionals working in a mix of hospitality sales roles across a variety of organizations including hotel on-property, regional, corporate, DMO, DMC, Management Company, brand, partner, and more. Eight hospitality and tourism professionals comprise the inaugural Rising Sales Leader Council, each with years of experience in the industry.
This Council is part of the HSMAI Sales Advisory Boards work to cultivate the next generation of industry leaders by providing this unique opportunity for emerging professionals to advance their skill sets, shape the future of HSMAI, network with peers, and contribute to the industry and the Sales Advisory Board via their insights, feedback, and thought leadership said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI.
Rising Sales Leader Council members include:
- JJ Abuelhawa, Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing, Aimbridge Hospitality
- Alexandra “Allie” Alward, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson East
- Shannon Campbell, Area Director of Sales, The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club/Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
- Emily Johnson, Group Sales Manager, Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
- Danae Norris, Director of Groups Sales , El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort
- Theresa Paolo, Sales Manager, Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
- Bianca Rank, Senior Account Development Manager, WWS, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Jonathan “Jon” Tilles, Area Contract Manager, Hotelbeds
The Councils inaugural meeting will be on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, in Frisco, Texas, in conjunction with HSMAIs first-ever Sales Leader Forum, an event that advances the hotel sales discipline by elevating the knowledge and skills of off-property sales leaders with new trends, critical insights, and best practices, and their application to leading hotel sales teams in todays landscape. Events for sales leaders continue throughout the week, including the HSMAI Chief Sales Officer Roundtable, HSMAIs Hotel Management Company Sales & Marketing Executive Roundtable, and the HSMAI Sales Awards Dinner, recognizing the recipients of the annual HSMAI Sales Lifetime Achievement Award, and Sales Professionals of the Year.