114-room Hyatt Place hotel opens nearby Wilmingtons Christina River
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront, the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Wilmington, Del., is officially open. The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. The hotel and attached banquet center, Riverfront Events, are a joint venture between Onix Hospitality and Big Fish Restaurant Group.
The hotel is conveniently located less than one mile from the Wilmington Train Station and 30 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport. Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront offers convenient access to several leisure attractions including The Christina Riverwalk, Penn Cinema, The Delaware Children’s Museum, several local restaurants, and much more. Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront is attached to Riverfront Events, catered by the renowned Big Fish Restaurant Group, which offers 5,200 square feet of meeting space. The two properties share 6,000 square feet of patio along the scenic Christina River.
“As Wilmington continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the area,” said General Manager Christopher Berg. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road.”
Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront offers:
- 114 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Breakfast Bar, a hot breakfast available daily in the Gallery Kitchen features a variety of breakfast items, including cage-free eggs, all-natural bacon and sausage, fresh-cut fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, artisanal breads, and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Event Spaces offer more than 6,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
“Wilmington, Delaware is a vibrant city, filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods, and an ever-expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see,” said Jennifer Coverdale, VP of Hotel Operations, Onix Hospitality. “Our hotel is central to all of them and we are confident Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront is under the leadership of General Manager Christopher Berg and Director of Sales & Events Sarah Timmons. In his role, Berg is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 40 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Timmons is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Wilmington area.