ADERO Scottsdale, an Autograph Collection hotel, has officially made its debut as Scottsdale’s first Dark Sky Zone resort, featuring elevated Sonoran Desert views of Arizona’s famed Four Peaks and McDowell Mountain Range.
Named after the iconic canyon that surrounds the idyllic resort, ADERO is spread out over 17 wide-open acres offering convenient access to 55,000 acres of desert terrain. The resort aspires to be guests’ gateway to the outdoors and serves as a basecamp for the adventure enthusiast compelled by Arizona’s spiritual oasis. Guests are intentionally connected to the wonder of the resort’s natural setting with an invigorating offering of nature experiences, art, local cuisine, culture, outdoor adventure and fitness activities – from sunrise yoga among the canyons to picturesque hikes and exhilarating mountain bike rides. The spirit of the ADERO brand – with intended and elevated experiences and amenities – reflects a true sense of place and offers a modern sanctuary inspired by the living elements of its location in the rugged Sonoran Desert.
“We are extremely proud to open our doors at ADERO Scottsdale and welcome visitors and the local community to Scottsdale’s newest luxury boutique resort,” says Owner and Developer Bill Hinz. “Our guest experience is exactly like nothing else, filled with year-round adventure that can be enjoyed within our walls and beyond to the desert terrain beckoning our guests outdoors for exploration and environmental stewardship. We’ve curated a destination offering meaningful wellness and fitness activities, hands-on celestial programming, and an open-air restaurant with breathtaking desert and mountain views.”
DESIGN + ACCOMMODATIONS
ADERO was created to exist in perfect harmony with its surrounding areas, mixing modern convenience with elemental elegance. The six-story resort features 177 guest rooms including 16 oversized suites outfitted with the latest technology, custom furniture, a simple design palette that reflects the colors of sunrise, thoughtful trailhead-inspired dreamcatchers and expansive balconies. More than 95 percent of the accommodations are positioned to take in the panoramic mountain vistas while offering guests privacy. All guest rooms have their own air conditioning systems, avoiding circulated air and allowing guests to travel at ease. Amenities for an optimal sleep experience include botanical lyocell bedding to stay cool as well as blackout draperies. The property offers five guest room categories, including Sunrise Guest Rooms in the adult-only wing, the only one of its kind in the Valley featuring a fireplace in each room. Perched on the southernmost end of the resort, the Signature Dark Sky Suites boast a separate living area that extends into a wraparound balcony to take in the dramatic views. Additionally, ADERO Scottsdale’s limited trio of Celestial Suites boast captivating views in every direction—from Four Peaks in the east to Sunrise Peak and the sparkling lights of Scottsdale in the west. Artfully decorated with handpicked furnishings that reflect the rich cultural heritage of the Sonoran Desert, the spacious suites range from 700 to 750 square feet with windows to bring in light from the Sonoran sky. The design of ADERO was led by Scottsdale-based Allen + Philp Partners Architecture and Interior Design and MONOGRAM Hospitality Interiors at BBGM, and Aqua-Aston Hospitality, a leading hotel and resort management group.
PROGRAMMING & PARTNERSHIPS
- Adventure Guides: With endless adventure easily accessible from the resort, ADERO’s Adventure Guides are available on site to assist guests in arranging tours to explore the nearby trails from morning to night, including the Adero Canyon Trail accessible from the resort and Sunrise Trail just 10 minutes away. ADERO guests also have direct access to golf, tennis and biking excursions.
- Adventure Center: In partnership with REI Co-op, ADERO offers bike rentals and a variety of offsite guided excursions including hiking, mountain biking and kayaking for guests of all skill levels.
- Rattlesnake Pavilion: The one-of-a-kind art installation for locals and guests encourages the preservation of the surrounding nature trails as it serves as a rest stop – equipped with bike racks, a water station and seating – while paying homage to one of the region’s most iconic desert creatures.
- Nature Trail: In partnership with local non-profit Sonoran Trail Blazers, ADERO offers guests a one-mile Nature Trail, characterized by an abundance of indigenous flora, directly on the property.
- The Mark: As an Autograph Collection Hotel, ADERO offers two signature moments that further enhance the guest experience, while promoting the hotel’s stewardship to the Living Desert:
- Daily Sky Chart: The resort telescope is available by request and can be placed in-room for guests. A Night Sky Chart is provided for a self-guided tour of the galaxy, in addition to information about ADERO’s Dark Sky Zone and tips on the many ways to enjoy the night sky at the resort.
- Stargazing: After sunset the night sky comes alive, and ADERO Scottsdale invites guests to the Stargazing Lawn to soak in the Dark Sky while enjoying light bites and drinks from CIELO. On select evenings the resort offers guided stargazing from the “Star Dudes,” ADERO’s Dark Sky Zone experts.
ADERO Scottsdale’s signature restaurant, CIELO, meaning ‘sky,’ provides an elevated dining experience and one of the best views in Arizona – sitting at more than 2,200 feet high – with ample outdoor seating and panoramic windows showcasing the wide-open wonder of the Sonoran Desert. Led by Director of Chef & B Bryan Dillon, CIELO offers a unique farm-to-table-to-sky philosophy featuring inventive fare infused with regionally sourced ingredients, a curated selection of tequila and mezcal cocktails, and partnerships with local companies including Bone Haus Brewing. The culinary team has a deep appreciation for regionally sourced ingredients and works hand-in-hand with local farmers and purveyors to offer simple, sustainable, and seasonal cuisine from a breathtaking perspective. Celebrating Terra (Earth), Sol (sun), and Luna (moon), CIELO’s three distinct menus delivers an elevated culinary experience with every plate and pour.
THE SPA AT ADERO
Find balance at the resort’s boutique spa, which boasts a menu of invigorating body and facial treatments offering the healing benefits of amethyst and desert minerals along with mindful wellness experiences like Sunrise Yoga, guided meditation, and intuitive readings. Signature treatments include the Amethyst Massage using Amethyst-infused oil to release tension and stress in the body and mind, inviting a peaceful mindset, and the Turquoise Rain Salt Scrub featuring a native blue corn, aloe and turquoise-infused body polish. Turquoise, referred to as a “sky stone” among Native Americans, is a master healer known for toning and strengthening the body and regenerating tissue. The resort’s skilled spa therapists have also pivoted their techniques to provide wellness experiences that transcend the ordinary. Guests can encounter immune boosting and “no touch” treatments, such as guided meditation where you can bring calm and balance to your day, minimize stress and improve sleep; Reiki to target energy fields around the body; and LED light therapy.
THE CLUB AT ADERO
Choose your own fitness adventure beginning with a new 5,300-square-foot Wellness Center that offers the intensity of leading-edge cardio and strength-training equipment, a spin studio complete with Peloton bikes, group fitness classes, and personal lessons. Outdoor sports and recreation include a well-regarded tennis program, adults-only lap pool and oversized resort pool, convenient access to Sunridge Canyon Golf Club that is an easy walk from ADERO, and miles of hiking and biking trails featuring stunning desert views.
MEETINGS AND WEDDINGS
ADERO is equipped with more than 16,800 square feet of versatile indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. The natural setting and newly built event venues – combined with the resort’s exclusive programming – make for unique group experiences with the Sonoran Desert as the backdrop. Team building activities like volunteer trail work and wildlife habitat renewal allow for a deeper connection with the environment. Groups can choose from six unique meeting venues including Four Peaks Lawn, Four Peaks Ballroom, Four Peaks Terrace with a pre-function space, Red Mountain Room, Red Mountain Lawn and the Sonoran Room. All event spaces provide an idyllic setting with expansive views of the desert surroundings that can each be reconfigured depending on event needs.