Cambria Hotels, an upscale brand franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), continues to expand in key markets across the country with the opening of its newest downtown location: the Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront. The nine-story, 154-room hotel is the brand’s fifth property in the greater Washington, D.C. area, among Cambria hotels in College Park, Maryland; Rockville, Maryland; Arundel Mills, Maryland; and in D.C. near the Convention Center. The hotel also marks the brand’s expansion in the D.C. and Maryland region, with six properties now open including in Ocean City, one of the most popular beach and vacation destinations on the east coast.
Located at 69 Q Street SW, the Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront is situated in the heart of the District’s growing Capitol Riverfront neighborhood. The hotel provides travelers with picturesque views of the Potomac River and convenient access to nearby attractions, including The Wharf, which features concert venues, restaurants and local shops; Nationals Park; the Yards Marina, and the new Audi Field soccer stadium. The hotel is also within three miles of the U.S. Capitol, Fort McNair and the National Mall, and just a short walk to the Navy Yard Metro Station, which connects guests to destinations in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia.
“For Choice Hotels, along with many of our collaborators on this project, this area is our home, so we’re especially proud to continue our expansion in the region and support the community we love with the opening of yet another Cambria hotel,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Like all Cambria properties, the Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront is designed to ‘wow’ guests with locally inspired touches and stunning design, and built to accommodate the evolving needs of today’s traveler — whether they’re just getting back on the road, wanting to elevate their telework venue, or seeking the perfect staycation spot.”
The brand’s latest addition features upscale amenities reflective of the surrounding neighborhood’s vibrant history and culture, including:
- Locally inspired design and décor: following a local resident’s suggestion, the cornice from the site’s original row house was salvaged and installed above the reception desk to honor the past, present and future of Southwest D.C.
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces for productive work or relaxation, including a 3,500-square-foot terrace, overlooking the Capitol building and offering scenic views of the D.C. skyline, as well as Perch SW, the property’s rooftop lounge opening in April featuring a local craft beer menu specially curated by the brand’s own certified cicerone.
- RowHouse, the hotel’s ground-level restaurant that invites guests and locals alike to indulge in American-style cuisine and hand-crafted cocktails.
- Contemporary and sophisticated guestrooms with views of the DC skyline, complete with design forward fixtures and a subtle nod to DC street art, abundant lighting, and plush bedding.
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.
- 2,500 square feet of multi-function meeting spaces.
- State-of-the-art fitness center with access to Peloton cycling and bootcamp classes. Guests may also join instructor-led fitness classes such as rooftop yoga, Pilates and the hotel’s own Running with the GM program, or check-out yoga mats from the front desk for individual workouts.
The Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront was developed by Donohoe Development — one of the largest independent managers of premium and select-service hotels in the Washington, D.C. metro area — in collaboration with Koucar Management and internationally renowned architect and interior design firm BBGM Architects. The hotel is managed by Donohoe Hospitality Services, a leading hotel management company dedicated to excellence in service while providing outstanding performance for its owners and partners. The property is the first Cambria Hotel to open in the Donohoe portfolio, in addition to a Cambria under construction in Portland, Maine, and one of four Cambria Hotels developed by Koucar Management, one of the largest private real estate developers in the Midwest. The Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront is among four hotels opening in the first quarter of 2021 for the brand, in addition to hotels in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Orlando, Florida; and Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida, which opened this January. There are currently more than 55 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, New Orleans and Phoenix, with nearly 80 hotels in the pipeline.