As the Ontario stay-at-home order is set to be lifted on June 1, Hyatt Place Ottawa-West, managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts, announced the hotel is now open.
The new, 140-room hotel officially opened on May 27 with the prestigious Five Green Key rating from Green Key Global and will offer business and leisure travelers an open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere with practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, 24-hour food offerings and the 24-hour fitness center.
“Ottawa is a world-class city and a key business and leisure destination, and Hyatt Place Ottawa-West will add a wonderful new option for business and leisure travelers. The hotel is located just down the road from the new Department of National Defense Headquarters with easy access to Kanata and Barrhaven,” said General Manager Alison Hunter.
Key sustainable features include:
- Earth Energy is used to heat and cool the hotel
- 225 Solar Panels on the roof resulting in an annual offset = to planting 38,255 trees
- Honeybee Pollinators living on the roof
- Commitment to eliminate single-use plastics
- Commitment to buy and source local
- On-site EV Chargers
Hyatt Place Ottawa-West will offer:
- 140 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Breakfast Bar featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel-cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Placery serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Event Spaces offer 1,200 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
“Crescent is excited to partner with Stolat Hotels to open this unique Hyatt Place hotel in Ottawa,” said Tony Cohen, Executive Vice President and Partner of Crescent Hotels & Resorts. “As an experienced Hyatt operator, Crescent will maximize upon the potential of this great hotel.”