Cambria Hotels, a brand franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), made its official debut in the Detroit metropolitan area with the grand opening of the Cambria Hotel Shelby Township-Detroit. The celebration was marked with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, tours of the property and a taste of the cuisine from the hotel’s restaurant, Verona – Inspired Italian. The four-story, 98-room hotel is the brand’s second hotel to open in Michigan, joining the Cambria Hotel Traverse City. Representatives from Choice Hotels and owner/developer Koucar Management attended the grand opening to commemorate the occasion.
“Michigan is known for outdoor adventure and city exploration, and the Cambria Hotel Shelby Township-Detroit puts guests at the doorstep of both with its prime location near Detroit,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “With travelers more eager than ever to discover every corner of the United States, we’re pleased to offer hotels like this one, where they will experience upscale delights and little luxuries in surprising places. At Cambria, we strive to help guests stay at their best, so they can maximize time away from home.”
The Cambria Hotel Shelby Township-Detroit is located at 50741 Corporate Drive in Shelby Township, Michigan. Ideally situated for business and leisure travelers, the property is nearby Cherry Creek Corporate Park; the Packard Proving Grounds Historic Site, an event venue hosting farmers markets, car shows and more; Cherry Creek Golf Course; Jimmy John’s Field, home to four independent league baseball teams; Mae Stecker Park, which includes Heritage Garden; and the General Motors Technical Center. The hotel also offers convenient access to Michigan Highway, so guests can take a short drive to downtown Detroit where they can visit several national corporate headquarters, including Ford, General Motors, Chrysler and Quicken Loans, as well as take in events at the TCF Convention Center, Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park and Ford Field.
The hotel features upscale amenities and approachable indulgences that appeal to modern travelers, including:
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces for productive work or relaxation, including an indoor heated pool.
- Locally inspired design décor, reflecting the unique personality of the surrounding community, weaving together the modern grit of Detroit with a vintage flare and paying homage to famous historical cars.
- Onsite dining, Verona – Inspired Italian, featuring freshly made food, local craft beer, wine and specialty cocktails, as well as to-go options.
- Contemporary and sophisticated guest rooms, complete with design forward fixtures, abundant lighting and plush bedding.
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.
- 1,500-square feet of multi-function meeting and event space.
- State-of-the-art fitness center.
The Cambria Hotel Shelby Township-Detroit was developed by Koucar Management, which is also working to build the Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown, as well as additional Cambria hotels in Portland, Maine and Washington, D.C. There are currently almost 60 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, New Orleans and Phoenix.