In this episode the TravelBoom team is going to dive into the 13th and 14th editions of the Covid-19 Traveler Sentiment Studies and discuss the key takeaways that will impact hoteliers as we close out 2021 and look toward 2022.
Listen to the full podcast for details and you’ll learn:
- It’s all age based: Those under 40 are pretty relaxed about covid, 40 – 55 are a little bit more concerned, 55 plus are highly concerned.
- 48% of respondents are changing their travel plans: Nearly 1/2 of travelers surveyed said they are either hesitant to travel or are not going to travel at all.
- 52% are planning more travel in 2022: 52% are going to take more trips than 2021 and 40% will take the same number of trips, that means 92% plan on traveling! If this holds to be true, we are going to have another fantastic year in the travel industry.
- Older travelers are very hesitant to travel: Traveler’s under 55 state the Delta variant has largely not impacted their travel behavior 62% plan on traveling as usual. However 56 and older (skewing 75 or older) are much more concerned and only 42% plan to travel as usual.
- International travel requires a different message: Canadians have been largely locked out of the US for the past two years. In fact, of those surveyed only 24% of Canadians said they have traveled in 2021, compared to 73% of their U.S. counterparts.
- Without fail, people are mainly concerned with a hotel’s cleanliness policies: When asked, “How would the following protocols increase your confidence in staying at a property?” the The #1 response was guests wanting a “A Deep Cleaning Between Guests.” Furthermore the next question was, “The next time you travel, which of the following would you want the property to communicate to you prior to your stay?” The top two answers were updated cleaning protocols at the property (#2), which just came in behind status of local mask requirements.
To listen to this TravelBoom podcast, visit here.
About TravelBoom Marketing
TravelBoom specializes in developing and executing customized data-driven marketing solutions that drive direct bookings and growth for its clients. With over 25 years of experience in digital marketing for travel and hotels, TravelBoom leverages advanced data science and analytics to uncover insights and develop strategies that greatly enhance results for our clients and reduce reliance on third-party channels. TravelBoom is also host of the world’s #1 ranked Hotel Marketing Podcast and its quarterly Traveler Sentiment Study both of which can be found at www.travelboommarketing.com.