Hilton (NYSE: HLT) announced the opening of Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea, Hilton’s first lifestyle hotel in New York City and the brand’s first new-build hotel in the portfolio. The 374-room hotel is centrally located in the Chelsea Arts District.
“We are thrilled to welcome guests to Motto New York City Chelsea, a major milestone for this quickly growing brand and perfect addition to Hilton’s burgeoning Lifestyle category,” said Matt Schuyler, Hilton’s chief brand officer. “This hotel exemplifies what it means to be a lifestyle property — it is centrally located in one of the city’s most desirable areas, incorporates unique and modern design elements and encourages guests to connect with the neighborhood culture by providing them with authentic and locally-minded experiences.”
Located a short walk from iconic New York landmarks including the Flatiron Building, Madison Square Park and the High Line, the 42-story hotel was designed by Stonehill Taylor, a renowned, local architecture and interior design firm, and is the latest addition to Manhattan’s most vibrant neighborhood. The ideal launch pad for any New York City adventure, Motto Chelsea is near multiple transit stations and within walking distance of popular restaurants, boutiques and art galleries.
“Chelsea is a neighborhood unlike any other and the entire Motto Chelsea team is excited to welcome guests and locals to experience all this property has to offer,” said Bassim Ouachani, general manager. “Combining unmatched hospitality, sleek and smart design and a prime location, Motto Chelsea is sure to offer an authentic taste of all New York City has to offer.”
Motto Chelsea offers travel-sized rooms with a sleek, modern design that feature unobstructed views of the city and are equipped with everything guests need for an enjoyable and restful night’s sleep, including top-notch mattresses with sound-absorbing surroundings. The hotel offers 19 sets of connecting rooms, which give guests the ability to book up to three unique connecting rooms together. Motto by Hilton was the pioneer of Confirmed Connecting Rooms by Hilton technology, so guests can not only take advantage of the brand’s unique room configurations, but also simplify coordinating travel for larger friend and family groups. Each room is equipped with smart technology for the ultimate in convenience. The Hilton Honors app allows guests to easily stream favorite shows, adjust the climate, set the mood through lighting preferences, and use white noise for a peaceful sleep.
Other room details include:
- Flexible sleeping setups, including a king Bunkie (bunk bed), a king flex bed that stows into the wall, a king bed, as well as double bunkies with four twin beds in one room.
- Design details to maximize the space, including built-in storage and conveniently located power outlets.
- Beautifully tiled bathrooms with premium bath amenities and high-quality showerheads, as well as illuminated vanity mirrors.
Unique works of art at Motto Chelsea, such as the jewel-tinted, stained-glass reception desk backdrop, pay playful tribute to the property’s location within the city’s art district. The hotel’s design was also inspired by the number 24, an homage to the hotel’s address on 24th Street:
- The 24-hour day is reflected in contrasting moments of light to dark on millwork, furnishings and walls. Spherical objects represent the sun and moon, while midnight blue tones create a celestial space.
- Chromium, the 24th element on the periodic table, and 24-karat gold are referenced through the brass and chrome finishes of light fixtures, case goods, art and more.
- From the kaleidoscopic ceiling entryway installation to playful color pairings in artwork and area rugs, a vibrant, 24-bit color depth was used to produce color digitally in its truest form.
Motto Chelsea features a full-service restaurant, craft bar and lounge designed and operated by Fabio Viviani, Bravo’s “Top Chef” Fan Favorite and well-known restauranteur. Occupying the ground floor, Bar Cicchetti is a contemporary eatery that offers seasonally inspired menu items, as well as craft beer and cocktails. From Shrimp Camicia, Wagyu Steaks and Porcini Mushrooms, Roasted Whole Chicken with Corn Stuffing, and Ricotta Gnocchi with Oxtail Sugo, to Crudos, Mediterranean Lobster Ravioli, 24-hour Braised Octopus with Fava Beans, and Meatballs and Ricotta with Tomato Sugo, the menu features elevated takes on some of Chef Fabio’s favorite comfort food classics.
The lobby of Motto Chelsea offers more than a place to check-in and check-out. A neighborhood gathering space, Motto Commons is a perfect place to meet, work or socialize, whether you take a seat at the coffee bar or step into the sunken conversation pit. Flexible, nontraditional event and meeting spaces are available for guests as well. The Motto Commons offers a board table, accommodating up to 10 people. In addition, the second floor Commons has a spacious, 150-guest capacity, plus an outdoor terrace.
The on-site fitness center features a high-tech workout through Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea’s partnership with Hydrow. The Hydrow rowing machine provides guests with a realistic experience as if stroking on actual water. In addition, a variety of traditional fitness equipment allows guests to continue with their familiar home exercise routines. This includes treadmills, cross-trainers, stationary bicycles and much more within a spacious 624-square-foot workout zone.
Motto Chelsea is conveniently located for guests who want to take in the city’s architectural wonders, gorgeous parks, art galleries and boutique shopping. Hotel guests will be greeted and assisted by “Motto Hosts,” Team Members who are “in the know” about the city and neighborhood and will happily help provide access and curated recommendations about the local scene. Nearby attractions include:
- The High Line, a 1.45-mile-long elevated park that winds along Manhattan’s west side and features green spaces, artwork, and food and beverage options along the way.
- Chelsea Market, a food hall and shopping center that features flavors from around the globe.
- The verdant Madison Square Park, which is known for its art installations, live music and events.
- The Chelsea art district, a concentration of over 300 art galleries.
Motto Chelsea is the third Motto by Hilton to open since the brand launched in 2018, joining Motto Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square and Motto Washington DC City Center. Motto continues to expand its portfolio of curated hotels in prime, urban destinations, with recent signings in Rotterdam Blaak, Tulum and Times Square.