Travel and Hospitality Brands Seem to Be Posting Less Than Other Industries on Social Media – Frederic Gonzalo
A recent report published by Rival IQ sheds some interesting light on social platforms performance benchmarks across various industries. In its 2023 Social Media Industry Benchmark report, they look at the most important metrics across 14 industries, including travel and hospitality, comparing 2022 with previous years on key platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Here is the summary of posting frequency and engagement rates in travel, on the four key social platforms monitored in this report.
Travel industry benchmarks on social media.
Source: Rival IQ, 2023 Social Media Industry Benchmark report
How does this compare with other industries?
Here is the median across all industries vs Travel:
- Facebook median posts per week: 5.04 vs 3.36 in travel
- Facebook median engagement rate per post: 0.06% vs 0.09% in travel
- Instagram median posts per week: 4.6 vs 3.4 in travel
- Instagram median engagement rate per post: 0.47% vs 0.47% in travel (same)
- Twitter median tweets per week: 3.91 tweets vs 1.82 in travel
- Twitter median engagement rate per tweet: 0.035% vs 0.032% in travel
- TikTok median videos per week: 1.75 vs 1.5 in travel
- TikTok media engagement rate per video: 5.69% vs 7.43% in travel
As we can see, travel and hospitality brands seem to be posting less than other industries across all four key social media. It is, however, getting better engagement rates, in particular on Facebook and TikTok.
Click here to read complete article at Frederic Gonzalo.
Categories: Sales and Marketing