Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO) , a global Internet media company, last night revealed the 2007 Travelzoo Award winners at a gala award ceremony in Las Vegas. The Travelzoo Awards(TM), also known as 'The Tzoos', is the first annual awards program of its kind in the U.S. that celebrates the companies behind the best travel deals of the year.
“The Tzoo Award is a symbol of quality and is our way of recognizing the companies we know to provide the best value in travel deals,” said Ralph Bartel, chairman and chief executive officer, Travelzoo. “All 16 Travelzoo Award winners have consistently provided us with the most outstanding travel deals we have seen on the Internet over the past year. Even though our deal experts were ultimately only able to select one company from each category, all of our 59 finalists are leaders within their sector.”
The Travelzoo Awards ceremony was held last night at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. For more information and to view photos of the award winners visit http://www.travelzoo.com/tzoos.
The 2007 Travelzoo Award Winners are:
Leading Provider of Domestic Airfare Deals
– JetBlue Airways
Leading Provider of International Airfare Deals
– British Airways
Best Overall Provider of Airfare Deals
– United Airlines
Leading Provider of Lodging Deals by a Luxury or Boutique Property
– Pan Pacific Vancouver
Outstanding Deals by an Individual Hotel
– The Richmond Hotel
Outstanding Deals by a Hotel Chain or Brand
– Omni Hotels
Provider of Outstanding Domestic Vacation Package Deals
– Southwest Airlines Vacations
Provider of Outstanding International Vacation Package Deals
– Gate 1 Travel
Best Overall Provider of Vacation Package Deals
– Pleasant Holidays
Most Outstanding Provider of Cruise Deals by an Agency
– Cruise Deals, Inc.
Most Outstanding Provider of Deals by a Cruise Line
– Norwegian Cruise Line
Leading Provider of Outstanding Car Rental Deals
– Budget Rent A Car
Most Outstanding Achievement in Marketing of Travel Deals for a Destination
– Tourism Malaysia
Outstanding Deals by an Online Travel Agency
Outstanding Innovation in Creating WOW! Travel Deals
– Spirit Airlines
Best Overall Provider of Outstanding Travel Deals
Travelzoo Award Criteria
In order to determine the 16 Travelzoo Award winners, a committee of travel deal experts examined a collection of offers from over 600 travel companies. After evaluating all of the offers provided by each company in 5 specific areas they arrived at a list of 59 finalist companies that consistently surpassed the rigorous criteria. Specific deals were then debated from a quantitative and qualitative perspective within each category. Award winners consistently achieved top status in every evaluation criteria.
The criteria included:
– Competitiveness: These companies offered competitive travel deals that were equal to or greater in value when compared to similar offerings in the marketplace. Finalist companies regularly developed deals that inspired Travelzoo users to book trips they did not otherwise plan on taking.
– Reliability: The deals provided by finalist companies, when test booked by Travelzoo's Test Booking Center(TM), were found to be easy to book having a low incidence of usability issues. The Test Booking Center compiles thousands of data points each week in order to test online and offline experiences that users can have when booking deals including availability, accuracy of information published and ease of booking.
– Consistency: All companies consistently provided Travelzoo users with several exceptional offers throughout the past year that inspired incremental travel, based on user feedback and reporting from advertisers.
– Appeal to travelers: These companies consistently achieved high ratings from Travelzoo users throughout the past year. As a way to improve content offerings, Travelzoo collects user data on how attractive a given deal is to each user. To achieve finalist status, these companies needed to develop deals that scored well among Travelzoo's users.
– Quality: All companies provided travel deals so good that Travelzoo staff would recommend booking an offer from these companies to their family and friends.