Palacio Tangara Sao Paulo Opening 2017 and Manhattan Hotel in 2018
‘Since the foundation of Oetker Collection, we have always listened to our most loyal guests in order to identify the destinations they favor most…’ says Frank Marrenbach, CEO Oetker Collection. ‘…Today therefore, I am delighted to announce our expansion into the Americas; with not only one, but two extraordinary projects in two extraordinary cities: New York and Sao Paulo. With these two new properties we continue to carefully expand Oetker Collection portfolio whilst remaining truthful to our promise – not to just open new hotels, but to create true masterpieces. Guests will experience the levels of Oetker Collection quality and service to which they are accustomed and can trust that we will offer them a very special sense of place in both destinations.’
Palacio Tangara, Sao Paulo – Opening 2017
With an exceptional location in the heart of the economic capital of Brazil – Sao Paulo – Palacio Tangara will open its doors in the spring of 2017. Built in the surroundings of the highly regarded Burle Marx Park, whose gardens were designed by Roberto Burle Marx, the hotel will offer 141 spacious guestrooms – including 55 suites – all with beautiful views overlooking the park.
The interior design has been entrusted to leading Brazilian interior designers William Simonato and Patricia Anastassiadis who have created a truly bespoke design concept for each space. An acclaimed chef will drive the hotel’s dining experiences and there will be a signature restaurant, chef’s table, a bar, a wine cellar, a lobby and lounge bar, all with outdoor terraces. Additional facilities will comprise 11 function rooms, including a ballroom for up to 360 guests with terraces overlooking the park. The fitness center and spa will have a private garden and there will be indoor and outdoor swimming pools as well as a kid’s club.
Philippe Perd, Chief Project Development Officer Oetker Collection, has spent the past year supporting the design process. Once completed, Palacio Tangara will be Sao Paulo’s first true Masterpiece hotel and a proud addition to the Collection.
Timo Gruenert, Chief Financial Officer Oetker Collection notes, ‘After our successful partnership in the Caribbean with Eden Rock – St Barths, the re-opening of The Lanesborough earlier this year and the prospect of an opening in New York, we are thrilled to launch a hotel in Sao Paulo, which is going to have it all: unique location, exceptional building, creative cuisine and the legendary Brazilian smile.’
Palacio Tangara is owned by an affiliate of a United States-based real estate investment management company. In the true spirit of the country, the Tangara name comes from the paradise Tanager of Amazonia, (Tangara Chilensis) a brilliantly multicolored songbird.
A ‘New York Masterpiece’ – Opening 2018
Further north in the Americas, in Manhattan, Oetker Collection will open a ‘New York Masterpiece’ in the spring of 2018. Minutes from Central Park, the hotel will be located in the heart of the city, at 550 Madison Avenue, between 55th and 56th Street. Surrounded by the city’s best boutiques and most admired museums the development is located in the former Sony Tower, originally built as the headquarter of AT&T back in 1984. The 43 stories postmodern skyscraper was created by the famous Philip Johnson and is an iconic New York landmark.
The hotel will feature 170 rooms including 60 suites set across eight floors. There will be a cozy yet stylish bar with a beautiful lounge area, a gourmet restaurant, a spa, a fitness center and a 25 meter pool.
Located above the hotel, from floors 21 to 43, the owning company of the building, the New Yorker Chetrit Group will create a total of 115 luxury apartments to be sold to highly influential clientele from now onwards. These apartments are decorated by world famous designer Robert Stern and will be serviced by Oetker Collection as well.
Joseph Chetrit says, ‘I am delighted that Oetker Collection and its prestigious portfolio of hotels join forces with the Chetrit Group in an effort to open a real Masterpiece Hotel in New York. Thanks to the great quality of the building, its marvelous location, the visionary alignment between the teams and the bespoke design concept, I am very excited about the partnership and have no doubt in the success of this fascinating project‘.
Frank Marrenbach concludes, ‘I am confident that, once Palacio Tangara and our new hotel in New York are up and running, Oetker Collection guests will soon call both properties their new home.’
About Oetker Collection
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
- L’Apogee Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stephanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore.
- Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- The Lanesborough London – classically British service in a remarkably refined and charming grand residence
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.