Hilton (NYSE: HLT) last week broke ground on a new Tru by Hilton in Charlotte, North Carolina, which will be a dual-brand property with Hampton by Hilton. This event marks the latest addition to Tru by Hilton’s robust pipeline of dual-brand hotels, which comprises 12.8 percent of the brand’s deals in various stages of development.
Offering travelers the opportunity to choose the brand that best fits their style, the property will have 219 rooms total, with 107 for Tru by Hilton and 112 for Hampton by Hilton. The hotel will have two distinct lobbies and dining areas – each catering to the needs of their respective guests.
Hampton Inn & Suites/Tru by Hilton Charlotte Airport Lakepointe will be located at 2227 Cascade Pointe Boulevard and is owned by Naman Hotels. It is expected to be completed in December 2018.
“Tru is a game-changing brand that’s a leader in the midscale industry, as evidenced by its statement-making entrance into the category and now the Charlotte market,” said Alexandra Jaritz, global head, Tru by Hilton. “We know the brand will have broad appeal to Charlotte-area travelers who span generations but share a similar ‘zest for life’ mindset. Naman Hotels has been an incredible partner throughout the development of this brand, and we’re so excited to work with them to bring Tru by Hilton to the Charlotte market.”
Tru by Hilton Charlotte Airport Lakepointe is one of the brand’s more than 420 hotels in various stages of development. There are currently three hotels open already, and a pipeline that could see nearly 10 open by year-end. As of Q2, the Tru by Hilton pipeline includes more than 50 expected to open in 2018. Tru by Hilton has achieved the fastest-growing pipeline in the history of the hospitality industry.
“Today’s groundbreaking in Charlotte demonstrates Hilton’s commitment to this new brand and, importantly, its owners,” said Nick Patel, Chief Financial Officer, Naman Hotels. “Tru fills a void in the midscale category, and we’re delighted to bring this exciting new Hilton brand to life, which we’ve been part of since the beginning. It will add to the offerings in Charlotte and provide a new option for travelers who believe that being cost conscious and having a great stay don’t have to be mutually exclusive.”
When completed, the new Tru by Hilton will provide guests with smart and efficiently designed guest rooms and reimagined public spaces. Property features in the Tru by Hilton include:
- All new-build brand, which drives the consistency of experience for our guests
- Reimagined, enlarged lobby with 2,880 square feet of public space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge
- A build-your-own complimentary “Top It” breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests can create their own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces
- Modern rooms designed to make every square foot count, with natural light from oversized windows, 55″ TV with 150 DIRECTV channels and bright all-shower bathrooms with premium bath amenities
- National and local brand gourmet snacks and drinks – including single-serve beer and wine – are available 24/7 in the “Eat. & Sip.” market located in the heart of the lobby
- Tech savvy hotel with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market iPads, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet
- All the benefits of a Hilton Honors membership are available to Tru by Hilton guests