Starfleet Research today announced the long-anticipated release of The 2017 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems. It is now currently available for complimentary access.
This authoritative and popular guide from the leading provider of best practices IT market research for the hospitality industry serves as a valuable resource for hoteliers seeking to implement a new PMS or upgrading their current platform capabilities.
Now in its fourth edition, The 2017 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems runs 47 pages and is more comprehensive than any previous edition. It has been updated and expanded to reflect the key trends and technological innovations that have emerged over the past year.
The new edition highlights recent enhancements in analytics and reporting that are allowing hoteliers to generate more insights from their data, for example, and emphasizes the importance of technology interoperability and data integration for improving operational efficiencies and enabling guest personalization.
With upwards of a hundred solution providers actively developing, marketing and supporting Property Management Systems (PMS), it can be difficult for hoteliers to know where to start with the research and evaluation process. The best of these solutions, all of which now offer platform delivery in the cloud, providing for greater flexible and the ability to scale as needed, are impressive by any measure.
Still, different solutions have different features, capabilities and competitive strengths and offer different benefits. How should hoteliers go about determining which solution best fits their needs and will most likely deliver the benefits they seek, with minimum hassle and expense?
There are many factors to consider, with some invariably carrying more weight than others. The new Smart Decision Guide provides a framework for weighing these considerations in the context of their hotel’s specific needs. It offers practical advice and a roadmap for success for not only selecting the right solution but also for maximizing its value over time to drive continuous performance improvement.
The research is based on data collected from 233 qualified survey respondents across different geographies, different types of lodging properties and different levels of the organization.
Among the key findings:
- 23% of hoteliers who have not upgraded their PMS within the past 3 years plan to do so in the next 12 months
- 89% of hoteliers believe that hospitality technologies are key to not only addressing many of their current challenges, but also to catapulting their businesses to ever-higher levels of operational performance and guest satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- 91% of hoteliers “agree” or “strongly agree” that technology platform interoperability and compatibility is a key success factor for hotel performance improvement
- 96% of hoteliers believe that the biggest benefit to be gained with the right PMS is the ability to improve guest satisfaction and the quality of the guest experience
- 87% percent of hoteliers view the ability to generate analytical reports that reveal actionable insights that can help drive performance improvement as a key success factor with PMS
The 2017 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems was independently produced, providing for unbiased, fact-based information. It was underwritten by the following industry leaders: Agilysys, Infor, MaestroPMS, Oracle Hospitality and Sabre.
Click here to access The 2017 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems.