Resort property features three pools, a golf course, seven dining outlets and fitness center
Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton’s (NYSE: HLT) smart luxury hotel brand, today announces the opening of Conrad Cartagena, the brand’s first hotel in Colombia and third in Latin America. The oceanfront oasis on the north side of the iconic Walled City welcomes guests to the shores of the Caribbean Sea.
“With Cartagena being one of the most popular destinations in the country, we are proud to announce the opening of Conrad Cartagena as the newest addition to our luxury portfolio in the region,” said Tom Potter, senior vice president, operations, Latin America and the Caribbean, Hilton. “We recognize the significance of this city in Colombia and have placed a focus on the expansion of our portfolio throughout the country.”
Conrad Cartagena opens with 109 uniquely designed guestrooms and suites, featuring neutral tones, contemporary wood furniture, marble décor, and artwork from Colombian artists, Pedro Ruiz and Kiko Kairuz. Large windows and high ceilings provide natural light and views of the Caribbean Sea or the expertly designed, Jack Nicklaus golf course. Each room has a spacious bathroom with separate tub and shower, two sinks and custom toiletries. In early 2018, the property will also unveil an additional 159 rooms.
“As the brand’s debut property in Colombia, Conrad Cartagena represents our continued commitment to expanding Conrad’s footprint in Latin America,” said John Vanderslice, global head, Conrad Hotels & Resorts. “We look forward to offering guests an innovative way to stay inspired by introducing travelers to the brand’s exceptional hospitality and curating experiences that pay tribute to luxury living.”
Food & Beverage
Conrad Cartagena houses seven food and beverage outlets. The buzzing dining scene features cuisine from land and sea, alongside craft cocktails and freshly made gourmet items.
- Biblioteka – A signature restaurant inspired by Chef Gabriela Gómez’s culinary experiences in Asia, Europe and Latin America features diverse local flavors and culinary techniques.
- Adesso Tu – Dramatically changing from day to night, this venue offers a vibrant, expansive kitchen for the daily breakfast buffet and becomes a cozy pizzeria for lunch and dinner.
- Karibana Beach Club – Overlooking the sea and historic Cartagena skyline, the Karibana Beach Club will be available in early 2018, serving a sophisticated interpretation of Cartagena street food as well as cocktails in a tropical setting. In addition, the outdoor haven includes a Semi Olympic pool, restaurant, and bar.
- Sun Bar – For guests lounging by the pool, beyond the shores of the seductive Caribbean Sea, the Sun Bar offers cocktails, draft beer, tropical juices, smoothies and fresh fruit plates.
- Market Café – At this Colombian coffee house, guests are wrapped in robust aromas and can savor one of the most iconic coffee’s in the world with savory and sweet pastries.
- Sea Salt Grill – Cozy and low-key, this venue is perfect for relaxing before and after a round of golf and features a menu with Colombian and American cuisine, including the famous parrilla.
- Son y Ron – This beautiful lobby bar is the architectural anchor of the hotel and welcomes guests with a rum-centric menu and live music.
Meetings and Events
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the Rafael Nunez International Airport, Conrad Cartagena offers more than 24,000-square-feet of flexible event space, including a 9,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom and five 500-square-foot meetings rooms, each with a sleek design of light woods, modern fixtures and neutral tones reminiscent of the surrounding Caribbean beaches. With settings for conventions and receptions of up to 1,400 guests, each event is promised sophisticated service with an option of catering.
Other abundant amenities and services at the first-class resort include five swimming pools spanning more than 24,000 square feet of pristine space; 18-hole Tournament Players Club (TPC) Golf Course designed by Jack Nicklaus; and signature Conrad 1/3/5 destination itineraries, which immerse visitors into the local culture. Early next year, guests will be able to bask in a 9,600-square-foot spa, Karibana Beach Club, Kids Club and have access to cuisine from the resort’s Kosher kitchen.
Conrad Cartagena participates in Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay at an exclusive member discount. Hilton Honors members also enjoy free standard Wi-Fi and access to the Hilton Honors mobile app. Guests have access to Conrad Concierge, a service available through the Hilton Honors app which gives global luxury travelers the ability to customize details of their hotel stay before, during, and after each visit including a variety of features such as pre-selecting bath amenities or checking-in while in-transit from the airport.
Hilton currently has a portfolio of more than 100 hotels and resorts open and welcoming travelers in Latin America, including 14 properties in Colombia. The company is actively pursuing additional Latin American growth opportunities and currently has a robust pipeline of more than 70 hotels throughout the region, including more than 10 projects in Colombia.