VAIL, Colo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 18, 2002–Booth Creek Ski Holdings, Inc. (Booth Creek or the Company) announced today results for the fiscal quarter ended Feb. 1, 2002. Total revenues were $60,144,000 for the quarter ended Feb. 1, 2002, compared with $48,963,000 for the quarter ended Jan. 26, 2001. Resort operations revenues were $56,844,000, compared with $48,963,000 in … Read more
The Marriott Courtyard Hotel in Kassel, Germany is the recipient of the Ultimate Service Award in Europe. It was voted for by business and leisure travellers around the world who were invited to nominate the hotel that they believe offers exceptional levels of service and is willing to go that extra mile. Analysis of the … Read more
It has been a challenging year for the lodging industry, to say the least. What began as economic trepidation in the second quarter of 2001 has now, due to both foreseen and unforeseen circumstances, stood the lodging industry on its heels. Barring any future terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, the only silver lining for an … Read more
SPOKANE, Wash., March 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — WestCoast Hospitality Corporation (NYSE:WEH) today announced that it has completed the sale of an 80.1% interest in the WHC Building, located in Spokane, Washington, for $10.6 million. As previously announced, the Company is retaining ownership of the remaining 19.9% interest and will continue management and leasing services for the … Read more
LONDON, March 2002 – Small Luxury Hotels of the World's (SLH), a global consortium of more than 270 of the finest hotels and resorts in the world, has the distinction of having 36 of its members recognized by Conde Nast Traveler's most prestigious category: the 2002 Gold List as determined by 29,000 readers of the … Read more
Feb. 21, 2002–Best Western, The World's Largest Hotel Chain(TM), has developed aggressive expansion initiatives for the 2002 fiscal year. The company's development team is focusing on key international gateways and 35 North American cities that are underserved by Best Western. In total, the hotel chain plans to add more than 300 hotels around the globe. … Read more
TORONTO, Jan. 8 /CNW/ – Delta Hotels (Delta) announced today that it has assumed management of the 225-room Capri Hotel, Trade & Exhibition Centre in Red Deer, Alberta. The hotel will be re-named the Delta Red Deer Hotel and Conference Centre in the first quarter of 2002. The property is the largest full-service hotel in … Read more
Since the September 11, 2001 attacks, insurance has been one of the most talked-about topics within the hard-hit hotel industry. Overall, insurance costs have been drastically increasing during the last three years. In the midst of all this, hoteliers are faced with the challenge of securing and affording adequate insurance coverage within the guidelines of their loan documents.